The 2018 Dean for a Day contest launches with an invitation to Osgoode students to answer a crucial and timely question: What should Osgoode look like in 2025?
What should Osgoode look like in 2025?
As Osgoode embarks on a search for our next Dean, what advice would you provide on the priorities for the future of legal education with respect to admissions and accessibility, curriculum, the way courses are delivered, the campus experience, or any other aspect of the Law School? What needs to change and which current priorities need more sustained support?
Answer this question in 500 words or less, or in a video of two minutes or less, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. (You can also publicize your entry on social media using #ozd4d.)
The contest – run in conjunction this year with Student Caucus – starts Thursday, February 1 and is open to all Osgoode students. Deadline for submissions is noon on Monday, February 26.
The winner will move into Dean Lorne Sossin’s office on Tuesday, March 6 while he attends the student’s classes and enjoys a much-needed return to student life!
This year’s judges are Associate Dean (Students) Benjamin Berger, Assistant Dean (Students) Mya Rimon, Student Caucus Chair Cory Strul and Vice-Chair Trevor Fairlie.
- $500 to a student club of the winner’s choice and $100 in cash
- A catered lunch with three friends in the Dean’s private boardroom
- Chair meetings of the Law School’s senior administration
- Star in a Dean for a Day video that will be posted to Osgoode’s YouTube channel
- Enjoy a Cineplex Great Escape Movie Package
- $250 to a student club of the runner-up’s choice and $50 in cash
Office of External Relations & Communications, "The 2018 Dean for a Day contest launches with an invitation to Osgoode students to answer a crucial and timely question: What should Osgoode look like in 2025?" (2018). Ovations. 268.