Although Osgoode Hall can trace its history back to the 1820s, and count such Canadian luminaries as Sir John A. MacDonald among its graduates, it is in 1889 that Osgoode Hall is reorganized and the Law Society of Upper Canada permanently establishes the Law School on-site. From September to April, students go to lectures in the morning and spend the rest of the day working in a firm on Bay Street. There are only five subjects in first year. Each class is taught by one of two part-time lecturers and one principal: William A. Reeve.
Used under a Creative Commons License, McCord Museum, 2014.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.